Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Color Run 2013!

In June I ran my very first 5k.  The Color Run! 
It was by no means a "race" but purely a fun experience where you just happen to run 3.2 miles with a hoard of people.

We had quite the group show up to run that day. So it was nice to have family/friends running/walking with me! 
Even though we all started out at the same time, we all wound up finishing at different times.


At about every mile or half a mile you run through a color section-where you get bombarded with colored cornstarch! I am so thankful I wore sun glasses. :)


We were quite the colorful group after we all finished! I think we all felt very accomplished finishing 3 miles of running for the first time. 
I think, if I remember correctly, my time was 32 minutes. Not great, but not terrible. Especially for having only run once in the months  before the race, and only 2 miles at that.



It was weird...I was running by myself for the last 1/4 of a mile or so, and crossed the finish line by myself. I felt a little odd having everyone cheering for me, since there was no one else around....I think they all probably felt obligated to cheer since I was alone. :P

Hopefully I'll be able participate in 2 more 5k's this year! One in September and one on Thanksgiving day!

No comments:

Post a Comment